1. Two pencils costs 8 cents, then 5 pencils cost how much
2. A work is done by the people in 24 min. one of them can do
this work a lonely in 40 min. how much time required to do the same
work for the second person.
3. A car is filled with four and half gallons of oil for full round
trip. fuel is taken 1/4 gallons mor3 in going than coming. what is
the fiel consumed in coming up? (2 gallons)
4. low temperature at the night in a city is 1/3 more than 1/2
hinge as higher temperature in a day. sum of the low temp and
higherst temp is 100C. then what is the low temperature (40 C)
5. A person who decided to go weekend trip should not exceed 8 hours
driving in a day Average speed of forward journy is 40 mph. due to
traffic in sundays, the return journey average speed is 30 mph.
how far he can select a picnic spot (120 miles).
6. A sales person multiplied a number and get the answer is 3,
instead of that number divided by 3. what is th answer he actually
has to get ? (1/3).
7. A ship started from port and moving with I mph and another ship
started from L and moving with H mph. At which place these two ships
meet ? ( Ans is between I and J and close to J)
port G H I J K L
8. A building with hight D ft shadow upto G A neighbour building with
what height shadow C ft is (B ft.)
A B C D E F G H
9. A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10 mph.Another
person was also fined for exceeding the same speed limit by twice
the same. If the second person was travelling at a speed of 35 mph.
find the speed limit (15 mph)
10. A bus started from bustand at 8.00a m and after 30 min staying at
destination, it returned back to the bustand. the destination is 27
miles from the bustand. the speed of the bus 50 percent fast speed.
at what time it retur4ns to the bustand (11.00)
11.in a mixture, R is 2 parts, S is 1 part. in order to make S to 25%
of the mixture, howmuch R is to be added ( one part).
12. wind flows 160 miles in 330 min, for 80 miles how much time
13. with 4/5 full tank vehicle travels 12 miles, with 1/3 full tank
how much distance travels ( 5 miles).
14. two trees are there. one grows at 3/5 of the other. in 4 years,
total growth of trees is 8 ft. what growth will smaller tree will
have in 2 years. (<2ft)
15. A storm will move with a velocity of towords the center in
hours. At the same rate how much far will it move in hrs.
(but Ans is 8/3 or 2 2/3).